Today's blog post was inspired by this post over at the Compers Grapevine blog. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to relive some great comping memories Jane!
If it wasn't for comping I wouldn't have:
- started a blog
- a silly nickname
- answered my front door to a Gold Radio presenter with £500 vouchers - and a cool bag full of bacon!
- met Michael Caine at the BAFTAs after-show party
- done the Supermarket Sweep trolley dash
- been interviewed for Radio 1
- camped in the backstage area at Glastonbury Festival (four times!)
- cheered on Lewis Hamilton at the Brazilian Grand Prix
- flown in a helicopter over Las Vegas
- danced in a Reykjavik nightclub with Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch
- Sent my parents to watch the Champions League final
- Spent 3 weeks on a Lord of the Rings tour of New Zealand
- Raised over £10,000 for Rainbows Children's Hospice at our charity events
- Learnt how to make sushi
- Stayed overnight at the Ritz
- Started my own YouTube channel
- Owned my dream car - a VW Beetle!
- Spent a day in Paris with a fashion blogger
- Set an alarm clock for 3.30am to win £500 in a text comp
- met the most amazing friends on the Compers News forum, Twitter, Facebook and - of course! - in real life
What would YOU never have done if it wasn't for comping?!